Tuesday, July 6, 2010


Sometimes I wonder if someone moves the hands of time just to mess with us. I swear it seems like time flew too fast. We had some wonderful company today, some friends of ours came over to swim. It seemed super fast. I brough down cherries and ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins... kids love them). Then before you know it they were off to do their own thing.


My neighbour has an adult daughter with LDs. Mary stays lonely throughout the day, so we've had her over the last 2 days. The girls LOVE it. Mary has a smile on her face and is coming out of her shell quite a bit. I am enjoying her company so much. She still has eyes of a child. I feel inspired being around so many clear eyes.


I was talking to a friend of mine of another culture. We were comparing Grandmothers and traditions. Amazingly, there wasn't much different aside from the type of food, language and clothing. I came to the conclusion that when we are little and old, we have clear eyes; able to see someone for what they are, not the race, culture, language or financial status. It's in the middle that we are clouded by fame, fortune and nonsense. Can you imagine how different life would be if we all had clear eyes?


As I head off to sleep tonight, I pray for my vision to be clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment